LIVE-IN PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT IN QUIET, GORGEOUS SETTING
UPDATE! This position is now filled. Thanks to all who spread the word!
Live-in Personal Care Assistant needed for a 93-year-old man in a large, comfortable house in Ashfield, MA. This is a 20 hour a week, contracted part time position. A detailed list of duties is below.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. To apply, please submit the following to Preston’s daughter Sarah Browning at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter outlining interest and relevant experience
• Resume and contact information for three references
Feel free to email Sarah with questions. No phone inquiries, please.
A detailed list of the resident assistant’s expected duties is listed below.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Personal care experience is essential; interest in or background in the literary arts a big plus.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- A working vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills.
- $2000/month. The position is contracted and the care assistant will receive a yearly 1099 tax form.
- Housing in an on-site, private three room suite. Two bathrooms are located on the same floor. The care assistant will have access to a large, working kitchen and comfortable living room with a working fireplace.
- All utilities, including wifi, and laundry facilities provided.
- Two weeks paid vacation (dates to be coordinated with the family).
- Open to an individual or a couple.
- The family is actively involved.
- There will be other guests in the house from time to time.
- There is another care provider who comes in daily to assist with breakfast and light housework.
- Start date July 2022.
Medical / Care Tasks
- check in with client three times daily and keep in contact with daughter about healthcare issues
- assist with showering and other personal care as needed
- help client onto and off bicycle for exercise, 5 times weekly
- walk with client several times per week
- prep and provide dinners and dessert for client each night, and occasionally for visiting guests
- coordinate care with additional support staff
- assist with breakfast meal prep when additional support staff are not available
- assist with scheduling doctors’ appointments and assist with calls
- provide rides to doctor appointments, attend appointments, take notes and report back to the family
- stock client’s pills (weekly)
- check pillbox daily to make sure client is taking pills (2-3 times daily)
- call in prescription refills; pick up prescriptions
- check client’s hearing aids, change batteries
- check and sort mail every other day, forward financial mail to family
- assist with checking phone messages
- send out mail, occasional banking when needed
- maintain contact with family on any issues that arise
- purchase groceries and household supplies (funding provided)
- take out compost, trash, recycling
- water plants throughout house
- assist with personal and household laundry, as needed
- stock bathrooms
- light housework
- maintain, monitor heat usage (seasonal)
- set out, replace traps as needed, call exterminator when needed
Seasonal Yardwork/Housework Tasks
- stock wood in shed, in sun room, and by fireplace, gather kindling (seasonal)
- shovel snow, salt walkways (seasonal)
- pick up salt, as needed, from nearby highway department (seasonal)
- maintain, schedule any house and appliance repairs
- assist with scheduling social visits
- attend/assist with visits as needed
- weekly drives through countryside
- set up movies for evening entertainment
- assist with technical issues with computer, email as needed
- locate files, emails, books etc. as needed
- assist with client writing projects, as appropriate